On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Peri Hartman via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
wrote:

> I think with the relatively recent CAFE (fuel economy) rules adopted by
> the EPA we will see a gradual change.  I'm hoping that change will
> accelerate if Tesla and others can produce a 200+ mile range SUV or light
> truck at a cost (including long term fuel costs) comparable to ICE versions.

​For those who truly need larger capacity than a sedan (which includes me -
I prefer station wagons, but don't see anything more than hatchbacks), the
only alternative I see right now is a conversion or a Nissan eNV200.  (See
www.env200.com; it is shown in utility and people-mover versions.)  It's
not in production yet as far as I know.  It's based on the Leaf platform so
has the Leaf's range, which might not be enough for some.  Hopefully all
this talk of 200 mile range EVs will have an effect on specs prior to
roll-out.​

Any others?  All I can think of is commercial trucks made by low-volume
manufacturers, which are made for industrial use - not families.

Chris