From: EV [mailto:ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org] On Behalf Of brucedp5 via EV
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2014 9:34 AM
To: ev@lists.evdl.org
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Electrifying Large Vehicles> converting buyers to a
higher mpge design

Ben;s comments (below) are along the lines I was attempting to convey.
That
the full-size (puffy) truck or suv vehicle its self is what the buyer
wants,
and that the pih model would be close to the same size and passenger
seating
(only trimming down the length and width to fit and maneuver into
typical
USA parking spaces), but using a pih drive train.

The Volt pih drive train comes to mind, and in one of the links I
provided
in my original post Lutz sez the Volt should have been a truck (well
maybe
he was promoting VIA as that is now the company he is part of).

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the Cadillac pih (aka elr) drivetrain
more powerful than the Volt's. If so, perhaps  a crew-cab Chevy Colorado
with a Cadillac pih drivetrain would be a first pass design approach to
pih truck that would be of the size and capability interest to truck
buyers
that do not have a high cargo or towing demand need from their vehicle
(more
of a people and some items transporter, than a heavy-duty construction
work
truck).

{brucedp.150m.com}
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_ELR#Specifications
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Colorado

-
On Mon, Sep 15, 2014, at 06:48 AM, Ben Goren via EV wrote: ...
> If a "puffy" SUV or truck were outfitted with something analogous to
the
> Volt's drivetrain but appropriately "up-sized," even with the same
size
> battery pack, at worst it'd still have a ~20 mile all-electric range.
As
-