Ben;s comments (below) are along the lines I was attempting to convey. That
the full-size (puffy) truck or suv vehicle its self is what the buyer wants,
and that the pih model would be close to the same size and passenger seating
(only trimming down the length and width to fit and maneuver into typical
USA parking spaces), but using a pih drive train.

The Volt pih drive train comes to mind, and in one of the links I provided
in my original post Lutz sez the Volt should have been a truck (well maybe
he was promoting VIA as that is now the company he is part of).

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the Cadillac pih (aka elr) drivetrain
more powerful than the Volt's. If so, perhaps  a crew-cab Chevy Colorado
with a Cadillac pih drivetrain would be a first pass design approach to a
pih truck that would be of the size and capability interest to truck buyers
that do not have a high cargo or towing demand need from their vehicle (more
of a people and some items transporter, than a heavy-duty construction work
truck).

{brucedp.150m.com}
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_ELR#Specifications
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Colorado