> From: Cor van de Water via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
>
> Electronic circuits (The silicon wafer that carries the transistors and other
> circuitry)
> is affected in its operation by light.

Just use the "Car Guys" (from NPR) method: put some black electrical tape over
the display. Problem solved! :-)

When I worked at Tektronix Laboratories in the 80s, we used to make crude
cameras by unsoldering the metal lid off the ceramic RAM chips of the day, then
focusing an image onto the chip and then demuxing the RAS and CAS info.

A lot of cheapo electronics put a chip directly on a board, with a drop of
epoxy over it. Perhaps this unit missed the epoxy step. Take it back for a
refund.

:::: Ants are so much like human beings as to be an embarrassment. They farm
fungi, raise aphids as livestock, launch armies into wars, use chemical sprays
to alarm and confuse enemies, capture slaves, engage in child labor, exchange
information ceaselessly. They do everything but watch television. -- Lewis
Thomas