From: "Lee Hart via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: 19-Mar-15 2:04:00 PM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] [SPAM?] EVLN: Will replacement USPS mail-trucks be Electric?

Rush Dougherty via EV wrote:
Lee wrote -

I wonder what would happen if Tesla took a page from Apple, and offered "free trial" EVs to the Post Office? Like Apple offering free computers to schools,
"free"
got them hooked. Then they went on to spend billions of dollars to buy more.
Apple
got all their money back, and a lot more!>;-)

Excellent idea Lee - I can see it now. Postperson enters Tesla Showroom and says 'I drive a Tesla Mail Carrier for work, now I want the Model S for play.'

They might not "hook" the mail carriers themselves. They're not likely to be rich enough to afford one.

But I *can* see using the model S ust to get the mail carriers to be enthusiastic supporters of EVs. After all, they get to drive a sports car instead of a truck!

Then Tesla can sell customized EV "mail trucks" to the Post Office for some inflated price, to get back all the money they spent on the free samples.

-- We cannot waste time. We can only waste ourselves.
 -- George Matthew Adams
--
Lee Hart, 814 8th Ave N, Sartell MN 56377, leeah...@earthlink.net