On Mar 25, 2015, at 12:47 PM, EVDL Administrator via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
wrote:

> So maybe my analogy above is wrong.  EVs vs ICEVs is more like satellite or
> digital radio vs traditional FM broadcast: they're better, all right, but
> they solve a problem that most users / buyers just don't care that much
> about.
>
> I'm a big EV fan, but I'm also realistic about how much of the market
> they're going to own in the short term.  Until the gas pumps finally run
> dry, I'm afraid EVs will remain a (small) minority.  Better get yours while
> you can.

That's why I keep banging the pony car drum. You can build an EV that
outperforms a supercar for the price of a family sedan. Once the manufacturers
start selling pony car EVs that outperform their electric brethren, EVs will be
seen as the "gotta-have" high performance model and ICE as yesterday's slow
old-n-busted news that only losers are stuck with.

b&