On 03/25/2015 12:37 PM, Jamie K via EV wrote:

Willie2, it sounds like the Model S is a great fit for your needs. If 70% of the initial LEAF range meant it "lost nearly all its utility" then you were really on the edge with that car. Given the battery improvements since then, I would expect that 2013+ LEAF packs will generally hold up longer than what you experienced. Time will tell.
Maybe I failed to make my point. At this point, I don't care if/when Nissan can make a reliable battery. I now know that their warranty is worthless and they have lost me as a customer and potential customer. A potentially troublesome battery is not a deal breaker. IF the maker is honorable and can be relied on to fulfil his obligations. Nissan can not.