Most of California has almost all days sun, but he lives in SF, so clouds (the
famous fog) is more an issue

but inside the city the shade from buildings and trees is certainly a factor
*and* the fact that you do not

only want to drive while the sun is overhead.

There is a case for cars that get used very little (infrequent or very short
drives) and can be parked in full sun

(like on a parking deck top floor, no trees or other buildings) so you can gain
charge over time, about 5 hours

(full sun equivalent hours that is) per day, for an optimal-max of 5 kWh
harvested each day.

So, if you have a Leaf and drive it 1 or 2 times per week, such an arrangement
can work.

Anything that is a daily driver for more than what you could walk or bike and
which gets parked in

whatever spot available (be picky and you can’t park at all in SF) and in
real-life environment

and you won’t be able to use it 4 out of 5 times, I am afraid, so unless you
normally always plug it

(again – a difficult proposition with mostly curb-side parking in SF) there is
not much utility from an EV there…

Cor van de Water

Chief Scientist

Proxim Wireless

office +1 408 383 7626                    Skype: cor_van_de_water

XoIP   +31 87 784 1130                    private: cvandewater.info
<http://www.cvandewater.info>

www.proxim.com <http://www.proxim.com/>

This email message (including any attachments) contains confidential and
proprietary information of Proxim Wireless Corporation.  If you received this
message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.  Any unauthorized
use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of any part of this message is
prohibited.