On 30 May 2015 at 2:24, Peri Hartman via EV wrote:

> The Leaf console asks you to agree to their communications system,
> which requires setting up an account of sorts.  If you don't agree, do
> they send the info anyway?

Good question!

I've found that not registering an Android phone doesn't stop it from
trading data regularly with someone or something, presumably Google.  I've
never been able to find out the details of this exchange, but I know it goes
on because I use pay-as-you-go data.  I watched the kb - and the $$ - add
up.

Suspending over 2 dozen background apps put a stop to the unsettling
constant chatter, at the expense of some features I don't really care about
anyway.

I wonder if an equivalent "neutering" is possible for the Leaf's spyware.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator