On 07/16/2015 06:50 PM, EVDL Administrator via EV wrote:
On 16 Jul 2015 at 9:12, harry henderson via EV wrote:

An SLI battery is designed for many shallow cycles starting an ICE.  With
most EVs that have DC:DC converters, the house battery is used in much the
same way.  In fact it's even less stressed, since it's only there to close
the main contactor.  That should take much less energy than cranking an ICE.
As soon as the contactor is closed, the DC:DC is recharging the house
battery -- or should be.

It also keeps the radio and any other "live" things running. If you don't drive it for a period that may constitute a fair drain. That said, I've swapped my EVs lead-acid starter battery with a tiny 7Ah lithium ion from Battery Tender and it seems to hold up for a least a week (the longest I've gone without driving so far).

--Rick