Sent from AltaMail

 From: "Peri Hartman" <pe...@kotatko.com> To: ma...@enviropolicy.com CC:
"Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>, "David Nelson"
<gizm...@gmail.com>, brucedp5 <bruce...@operamail.com>, "Electric Vehicle
Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org> Subject: Re[8]: [EVDL] Old packs as
powerwalls @L3 EVSE sites to help smooth out the grid, +more Date: 5/29/16,
4:40 PM

That's a better image.  Do we really need seasonal storage for wind and solar?
Maybe we do but I haven't read anything yet.  It's not possible to tell from
this graphic on how well batteries would do for storage up to a week.  I still
contend - and the graphic seems to concur - that batteries will do as well as
pumped storage for duration.

As for scale, I don't really have a good guess on how much is needed.
According to the chart, and I've read this elsewhere too, pumped storage is
probably the best choice.  But used batteries can help and they will be readily
available.

Peri