A dead 12 volt battery is the problem when you have your control circuits in
your EV run by 12 volts.  My first EV that I received back in 1976 and still
have it today, uses LINE voltage to run all the control circuits.  LINE voltage
is the same voltage as the main battery.

Some control circuits in commercial power devices may use a lower control
voltage, but this lower voltage is still control by the LINE voltage using a
transformer.

My EV control voltage was ran off a Honey Well motor generator that was power
by the main 180 V battery.  On dash control high voltage switch allow to turn
on the ignition/start circuits to start the motor generator.  This also power
the power steering pump that also power the hydro boost braking system.

The motor generator also provided 12 to 16 volts DC which was control by a
standard 12 volt regulator that is use on 12 volt generators.

I have replace this 12 volt control system with a Delco Inverter Alternator
that is used on ambulances that provides both 12 to 16 V regulated and at the
same time provide 120 volt 60 hz 5kw for my electric heaters, pumps, and fans.
Use a 12 volt deep cycle battery that have run for about 10 years.

Turn off the DC-DC converters and only used them for back up.  If the DC-DC
converters fail, I have a back up for them which is a portable 12 volt power
pack which I only use one time.

Roland