I wonder that as well. I'm sure that they're trying to be
ideologically pure but sometimes you have to be willing to play the
game. They could easily find people to run dealerships who will be
cooperative. To some extent the dealerships could be just a formality.
And, anyway, it doesn't hurt to have physical presences for repair
purposes. While I don't support forcing them to have dealerships it is
currently the way things are going. You either play or you take your
ball home. I'd think it would be in their best interests at this point
to go ahead and sell through some dealerships.