Willie via EV wrote:
I'm in the process of testing a bunch of very grungy looking miniBMS cell
modules. The good ones, I'd like to spray with something to make them more
weather resistant. Looking for suggestions.

Hi Willie,

Most of the sprays provide pretty weak protection. In an outdoor environment where rain, fog, and condensation are very likely, I'd suggest a conformal coating. If nothing on the board is getting hot (no heatsinks)...

I use Dow Corning 1-2577. This is a thick silicone-based conformal coating that is totally resistant to water and most solvents, and works over a very large temperature range. You paint or dip the boards in it. It's clear, so you inspect parts through it. It's soft and rubbery, and can be easily removed if you need to make repairs.

If you want something cheap, you can also used paraffin. Melt the wax, and paint or dip the boards in it. It too is clear, and easy to remove if necessary. The main drawback is that it melts if anything on the board gets hot.
--
Obsolete (Ob-so-LETE). Adjective. 1. Something that is simple,
reliable, straightforward, readily available, easy to use, and