From: EV <ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org> on behalf of Lee Hart via EV
<ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: Monday, May 8, 2017 9:44 AM
To: Willie; Electric Vehicle Discussion List
Subject: Re: [EVDL] spray on PC board protectant

Willie via EV wrote:
> I'm in the process of testing a bunch of very grungy looking miniBMS cell
> modules. The good ones, I'd like to spray with something to make them more
> weather resistant. Looking for suggestions.

Hi Willie,

Most of the sprays provide pretty weak protection. In an outdoor environment
where rain, fog, and condensation are very likely, I'd suggest a conformal
coating. If nothing on the board is getting hot (no heatsinks)...

I use Dow Corning 1-2577. This is a thick silicone-based conformal coating that
is totally resistant to water and most solvents, and works over a very large
temperature range. You paint or dip the boards in it. It's clear, so you inspect
parts through it. It's soft and rubbery, and can be easily removed if you need
to make repairs.

If you want something cheap, you can also used paraffin. Melt the wax, and paint
or dip the boards in it. It too is clear, and easy to remove if necessary. The
main drawback is that it melts if anything on the board gets hot.
--
Obsolete (Ob-so-LETE). Adjective. 1. Something that is simple,
reliable, straightforward, readily available, easy to use, and

About the EVDL: The Electric Vehicle Discussion List, founded in 1991 by EV
enthusiast Clyde Visser, is an active and vital source of information and help
for people ...

EV -- Electric Vehicle Discussion List - lists.evdl.org
...<http://lists.evdl.org/listinfo.cgi/ev-evdl.org>
lists.evdl.org
The Electric Vehicle Discussion List is a forum for discussing the current
state of the art and future direction of electric vehicles (EVs). We define an
EV as a ...

EVDL EV News Archive - Electric Vehicle Discussion List<http://evdl.org/evln/>
evdl.org
EVLN - EV News Archive Edited by Bruce {EVangel} Parmenter: EVLN: home | help |
archive | news | privacy policy | terms of service

groups.yahoo.com
/