On 25 May 2017 at 10:35, len moskowitz via EV wrote:

> Energy density is what gives batteries its lifecycle between charges,
> so a battery with a very high energy density will, for example, allow
> an electric car to drive further between charges.

Ignoring the twisted syntax in the sentence above ("what gives batteries
its"?  Sheesh), both energy density and specific energy are important.

So is a third unit.  What do you call the unit defining kWh per dollar or
per euro?

PS - Kudos to Goodenough.  I hope that I'm able to still do things that
benefit society when I'm 94 years old.  I also hope this battery scales and
can actually be affordably manufactured.  Over the years I've seen entirely
too many "battery breakthroughs" announced that never got into production.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator