Thanks to everyone for their kind and rapid responses.

I think I'm going to take the advice to replace the battery with a similar
Sinopoly for $60.  That was Robb's suggestion too.

I can try charging the battery within the pack, bypassing the BMS circuitry,
but it doesn't charge.

I haven't tried isolating and charging that one suspect battery b/c I don't
have a charger.

The battery pack is flat because the failure occurred when the battery was
discharged (according to the BMSes) and their controller.  I think (hope) I
should be able to charge it once the bad battery is replaced.

I haven't tried buying a used Volt, because I can't time travel back to
2014. ;-)

Read EVAngel's EV News at
Please discuss EV drag racing at NEDRA (