On 08/18/2017 06:50 AM, paul dove wrote:
The problem doesn’t have to do with these scooters, but with the quality of the
batteries being used.

When you say "batteries", I assume you mean "cells".

The cells in these batteries seem to be quite good and name brand. Both in my own observation and that of others that are salvaging the cells from the current glut of supply of hoverboard batteries.

Since the cells seem good, I am looking for comments on the possible short comings of the BMSs. I've seen plenty of media reports of hoverboard fires but no postmortems on the exact nature of failures.

Since I have this apparently good and cheap source of 36v power, I'm thinking of a pull behind self powered mower of 48"56" width. Can anyone make suggestions on that?