Solar power is useless unless you have a place to store what you produce.

That is either the grid with grid-tie, or a battery such as in an EV or
RV.

And an RV, unless it is used everyday, then the other 50 weeks of the year
the solar is not doing anything because the batteries are always fully
charged.

So the ideal thing is to have a grid-tie house so that the 50 weeks a year
the RV is at home, then you are getting full retail electric rates for
every photon that hits them.  And they are free power when you are
traveling too.

Without grid tie, none of these advantages accrue.

So my recommendation is that if you have any sun at all anywhere on your
propterty. BIGHT THE BULLET and contract for some minimum solar grid-tie
system to get a trully approved GT system with NET METER.  Then you can
plug in your RV or extra solar panels and know that you will always get
full retail value for the power everyday.

If one has sun, it makes no sense not to go solar.  Amortized costs will
be less than half of the tens-of-thousands of dollars you will be paying
the utility over the same time frame.

I am always amazed that people will be willing to pay $200 a month for the
rest of their lives, ($24,000 every ten years) but will balk at paying
$24,000 once and getting a FREE $7,200 back from the IRA and FREE power
for the rest of their lives (and no monthly utility fee except maybe the
minimum $20 account fee)...  It's a no brainer...

Bob