In addition to the traditional GoM, the Bolt instrumentation includes trend
bars to give the driver an idea how close to the current range estimate it is
being driven. A bar extends above the estimate if the car is being driven in a
way that will exceed the estimate. A bar extends below the estimate if the car
is being driven in a way that will not reach the estimate.

I think this is a very intuitive display.  It lets the driver know how to drive
in order to meet the estimate. Of course, the driver can’t control factors like
terrain, or head winds, but I find the gauge to be accurate if I can keep the
trend bars from extending above or below the estimate, or at least average that
way.

Ed