Mark Abramowitz via EV wrote:
I don't get why people get so excited about PIHs.

I own a PIH (a 2014 Prius with the plug-in). They aren't sold in the midwest; I had to go all the way to Massachusetts to buy it.

It was worth it because we live in a small town in the middle of Minnesota. The range is sufficient to drive anywhere we normally go and back as an EV, using no gas at all. Even when we average in the occasional longer trips, the overall average fuel economy has been running 157 mpg.

But I can see where some people would buy it just for a tax credit or to use HOV lanes and such. They have no intention of ever plugging it in. The same sort of thing happens with flex-fuel vehicles.

--
There is a computer disease that anybody who works with computers knows
about. It's very serious, and interferes completely with your work. The