Id like to see data on how much crime is prevented by having streetlights
almost bright as day.

I'd think the opposite.  A thief would have to use a flashlight to be
effective, adn that would make him more visible than the stupid approach to
bright night liting that destroys everyones night visiion and makes
everything look normal.... including someone who shouldn't be there...

bob