From: EV <ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org> on behalf of Jan Steinman via EV
<ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2018 4:58 PM
To: ev@lists.evdl.org
Cc: Jan Steinman
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Cheap DC motor control anyone?

> From: Lee Hart <leeah...@earthlink.net>
>
> David Chapman via EV wrote:
>> Lee I really appreciate the lead
>> on the GE handbook, I downloaded it and indeed that circuit on pg 293
>> looks perfect for this project…

So, it sounds like one of the goals of the project is to put something together
from components?

Because I thought Lee’s idea of finding a variable-speed electric drill at a
thrift store or yard sale was really an excellent idea.

You can probably do so for less than the costs of buying components, especially
if you’re going to pay “single piece” shipping on them.

And the drill speed control has the advantage of having been designed for motor
speed control. Newer ones even use pulse-width-modulation, which you can tell
if it makes a squealing or whistling sound at low speed. That sort of
controller is going to give you the best low-speed control, with lots more
torque.

:::: The more the work is left to nature, the greater the net yield but the
longer the time required... Thus sometimes the most apparently productive and
high-yielding sources of energy involve a lot of activity for little return,
while long-term investments, especially in naturally grown forests, provide the
greatest value for future generations. -- David Holmgren
<http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=David+Holmgren>
[http://lmgtfy.com/assets/sticker-b222a421fb6cf257985abfab188be7d6746866850efe2a800a3e57052e1a2411.png]<http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=David+Holmgren>

LMGTFY<http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=David+Holmgren>
www.lmgtfy.com
LMGTFY

:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality Co-op <http://www.ecoreality.org/> ::::
Welcome to EcoReality!<http://www.ecoreality.org/>
www.ecoreality.org
EcoReality is a nascent ecovillage on Salt Spring Island, British Columbia,
Canada, dedicated to the ethics and principles of Permaculture, and to
providing our own shelter, food, and energy in a sustainable and renewable
manner. We do this by growing our own food, including raw goat milk and other
protien sources, producing our own energy, including biomass, biodiesel and
other sources, and by distributing our excess to the surrounding community, via
direct farm gate sales, farmers markets, local grocers, and other channels. We
are currently seeking one or more additional capital partners to take us to the
next step of building thirteen unit of zero-carbon, zero-mile housing, using
natural building techniques and materials.

About the EVDL: The Electric Vehicle Discussion List, founded in 1991 by EV
enthusiast Clyde Visser, is an active and vital source of information and help
for people ...

EV -- Electric Vehicle Discussion List - lists.evdl.org
...<http://lists.evdl.org/listinfo.cgi/ev-evdl.org>
lists.evdl.org
The Electric Vehicle Discussion List is a forum for discussing the current
state of the art and future direction of electric vehicles (EVs). We define an
EV as a ...

groups.yahoo.com
/