Bill Dube via EV wrote:
Probably the best plating to use would be Alodine (AKA Bonderite). Not
terribly difficult to do. A bit pricey, but you would only have to coat
a tiny area.
Alodine is the conductive, gold/brown plating used on aluminum aircraft
parts. Great for corrosion prevention. Conducts very well (unlike
anodizing.)
Abrasively clean the aluminum surface, slightly etch with AlumiPrep,
rinse with distilled water, dip in Alondine, (or brush on,) rinse with
distilled water. You could do it yourself, actually. I have done it
myself with aircraft parts.
Unfortunately, Alodine is a chromate solution, which must be carefully
contained. (Erin Brokovich became famous for suing on behalf of chromate
pollution victims.)
As I understand it, they make non-chromate Alodine-like plating
solutions. Might be worth looking into.
You buy Bonderite from Aircraft Spruce:
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/categories/building_materials/bm/menus/cs/metalprepsupplies.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromate_conversion_coating

Thanks, Bill! I've seen alodyne coatings, but never checked its electrical conductivity. I'll dig around in my midden heap, and if I can find an aluminum part with Alodyne, I'll try a connection and see what kind of resistivity I get.

As it happens, I just got a set of used CALB cells to put in my LeCar, so the timing is excellent. :-)

--
It is vanity to do with more that which can be done with less.
        -- William of Ockham