On 5 Jun 2018 at 8:01, Robert Bruninga via EV wrote:

> Why would anyone with a motorcycle (usually bought for speed,
> acceleration, and fun of driving) want to carry around a 300 mile battery
> *everyday,everywhere* that makes a huge bulk, weighs three times more, slows
> the bike down and makes it less agile just for the very rare, "just in case"?

I dunno, why would anyone with a 4-wheel vehicle want to carry around 2 tons
of steel body and frame, just so he can carry a load of lumber once a year?

Mostly because a relentless advertisement campaign convinces him that (1) he
needs it; and (2) he can have it for just a few dollars more a month than
"some econobox" --or so it appears, when only the loan or lease is
considered.

People in the West, especially in the US, generally buy what the automakers
find profitable and tell them to buy, not what they need.  And that isn't
just true of vehicles.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator