From: EV <ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org> On Behalf Of Peter Eckhoff via EV
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2018 3:24 PM
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: Peter Eckhoff <evd...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [EVDL] EVLN: Toyota dealers say there is no sale$ demand.us
for EVs

I don't get it either.  According to Exxon-Mobil, we have until around
2040, maybe a bit longer, until the world wide liquid supply of crude oil
peaks.  All Toyota has to do is to view the worldwide sales of EVs on
InsideEVs Sales charts to realize there is a market for EVs.  Not sure
what their rationale is for their comment.  Prime sales are similar to
Volt sales in volume and GM just said they are cancelling Volt production
but keeping the Bolt.

Tesla is going great guns and are looking to produce an electric pickup
truck.  A number of electric pickups are in pre-production such as from
Bollinger and Rivian.

Almost all of the auto manufacturers are saying they are switching to
producing nothing but electrics during the next two decades. There is
always the good chance that EV sales continue to climb and the price of
gasoline drops to $0.50 a gallon.  Then Toyota ICE sales might pick up and
they cancel production of the Prius and their other hybrids???

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 2:02 PM EVDL Administrator via EV
<ev@lists.evdl.org>