If current batteries have around 215 whr/kg and Amprius's new battery which
maybe rated as much as 435 whr/kg (if in the same volume), a Model 3 with a
300 mile range could conceivably have a 600 mile range and a Bolt could
have a 480 mile range.  At 60 miles per hour, the max range occurs at about
10 hours and 8 hours of driving, respectively.  Basically, a full day of
driving with no pit stops for a meal and/or personal weight adjustment.

But if you want to press on for another 10 or 8 hours, I've timed a family
pit stop at about 30 minutes and add to that the time it would take to do
an ICE refuel at a semi-busy set of interstate pumps, you have a minimum of
40 minutes that could be used to recharge an EV.  Let's make it an hour.

For an hour full recharge, a Model 3 and Bolt would need 150 and 120
kwhrs.  At 480 volts, that's 312 amp-hours; a bit much.  But spread that
over a good night's sleep, shower, breakfast, repacking, checkout, etc. for
a total of 14 hours, that's 22 amp-hours  which is not unreasonable or 10
hours at 32 amps.

A trip from Omaha to Rapid City, SD is 524 miles and taking a side trip to
Fossil Bed State Park is completely doable with no range anxiety; maybe a
slight top off for a Bolt at Wall or one of the other small towns along the
way.

The biggest hurdle will be the generation, storage, and distribution of the
energy to recharging points.

Has anyone read what the utilities are planning on doing?