Thanks for your insight.  Yes, the breaker will be 20 amps so if anyone
tries to do anything other than a single L2 or two L1's they will loose
both as the breaker will trip.  I do assume that a 20A 2 pole breaker
actually will trip based on an overload on either of the two sides
independently of what is on the other.

Thanks!
Bob