I'm not a code expert, but as I understand it, in the addition to what Jay
Summet said, the NEC generally prohibits connecting either 15 or 20 amp
receptacles to a 30 amp branch circuit.  Receptacles must be 30 amp.  The
fact that you're allowed to connect 15 amp 120v recepts to a 20 amp branch
circuit is kind of an exception already.

What you're doing sounds like tap conductors.  There's a whole list of rules
for tapping a 240v feed for lower ampacity 120v circuits.  See here:

https://www.mikeholt.com/mojonewsarchive/NEC-
HTML/HTML/FeederSecondaryTapRules~20020326.htm

https://v.gd/Nosfgd

A much easier way to do this (fewer, less complex rules), and more
convenient for the user if a breaker trips,  is to install a small rainproof
subpanel at the charging location.  You would then use that to supply
separate breaker-protected 240v and 120v circuits for charging.

Ground and neutral must be separated at all subpanels (requires a 4-wire
feed).  The receptacles must have heavy duty in-use covers.

I believe there is (or used to be) a code exception that allows a size
smaller neutral (12 vs 10, 4 vs 2, etc) feeding a subpanel if a load
calculation shows that the 120v loads will be approximately balanced.  I
don't think that you could show that in this instance, so it probably
doesn't apply, if it even still exists.

But -- NOTE WELL -- all this is moot unless you're a licensed electrician.
Maybe you are, I don't know, but the fact that you didn't know what the NEC
said about this makes me think that you might not be.

It's illegal for an unlicensed person, no matter how knowledgable, to
perform electrical work in or on a public building such as a church.  You
can't even work on a rental dwelling that you either own or rent.  You're
only allowed to work on the wiring in your own owner-occupied house, and
then only with a permit.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator