On 2/18/19 2:42 AM, EVDL Administrator via EV wrote:

I don't think it's unfair to say that Ovshinsky's cashing out to GM may have
delayed the introduction of viable mass-production EVs for at least 20
years.

I usually argue a more conservative 10 years. I think we can consider about 2006 to be the beginning of the lithium era. I often refer to this write up:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patent_encumbrance_of_large_automotive_NiMH_batteries
https://goo.gl/3MexMM

To this day, I frequently encounter people that claim EVs were not practical until lithium became available. It seems GM's FUD of the EV1 era is still trickling down. With GM's background, I don't see how anyone familiar with the situation can, in good conscious, buy a GM car.