Peri Hartman via EV wrote:
Understand. Well mostly: I didn't lookup Arrhenius.

But my question still remains. What is the electrical result when the
reaction is slower. I am presuming there is a lower voltage across the
cell. And, if that's so, more current must come from the battery to
provide the same driving experience. Is this correct ?

And if it's correct, then the cell's internal resistance must come into
play. Is it simply not significant enough to warm up the cell ?

The cell voltage barely changes at all with temperature. There is a tiny temperature coefficient, but it is "lost in the noise" with variations in state of charge, age of the cell, manufacturing variations, etc.

But you only see this voltage under no load; a long time after any charging or discharging.

The internal resistance *does* change with temperature. This is the parameter affected by the Arrhenius equation. A cold cell has high internal resistance; and that's what prevents it from being loaded or charged at high current.

--
There is a computer disease that anybody who works with computers knows
about. It's very serious, and interferes completely with your work. The