> Because there are no "mains" in a vehicle.???

Is it really "That" Noisy?   I suspect it is very doable, it's just that no one
has done it yet.The trick is probably using signal processing to get rid of the
noise and doing extremelylow bit rates, which is fine for a BMS.    Ham radio
guys can send stuff over the entire earthon 10 watts using techniques like
jt65.   I expect they can deal with a little noise.   it's justnot going to be
trivial, but it would be doable.

IMHO the main use for the BMS is in charging anyway.

   On Tuesday, April 28, 2020, 2:12:26 PM PDT, Lee Hart
<leeah...@earthlink.net> wrote:

 Lawrence Winiarski wrote:
> Anyone know anything about data over powerlines?  Why can't the BMS
> communicate over the mains?

Because there are no "mains" in a vehicle.

That said, it is possible to communicate via the DC power cables already
connected to each cell. But this is an extremely noisy environment. It
would require substantial filtering and protection to keep driving
currents from trashing data transfers. Some chargers are also extremely
noisy, and could block data transfers while charging.

Lee
--
If happiness is on your mind, here's a daily list to find:
    - something to do