Thanks Lee!

I’ve learned a bit about motors messing with ElecTracs, but I don’t think I
even know enough to be dangerous.

Googling around I ran across pancake (axial flow) motors and i see some that
are close to having the torque in the size needed. But they seem to be very
specialized. It would be a big, expensive effort. I was mostly wondering if it
was possible. Perhaps another problem is that, as a motor it needs to be
designed for low speed and high torque, but as a generator, it would need to
run up to many thousand RPM.

-Steve