From: "paul dove via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: "paul dove" <dov...@bellsouth.net>; "EVDL Administrator" <evp...@drmm.net>
Sent: 08-Jun-20 4:45:53 AM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Variac and diode bridge to charge LiFEPO4

Valance batteries already have a BMS built in. In addition, LiFePO4 cells have
the highest thermal runaway temperature I believe it’s 250C so much safer than
other chemistries. We overcharged one for 4 hours one time as a test. It melted
the plastic casing and vented but never caught fire. I have a video of it I can
post. Not to say they can’t go into thermal run away but much less likely. Just
because an engineer developed a BMS does not make it good. It was an engineer
that designed the lap top batteries that caught fire as well. Pick a product
that’s got a good track record and has been around a while. I think wiring is
much susceptible to fire and with a BMS you have many more connections. Pay
close attention to details when connecting a BMS.

Sent from my iPhone

 On Jun 7, 2020, at 11:59 PM, EVDL Administrator via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>