Gary Krysztopik via EV wrote:
I am working on a small van with a few other guys.  We were talking about
kits but not sure yet, maybe only turn-key.  It is made in the USA,
high-power NEV/LSEV with 60 cu ft/1500 lb capacity.  Multiple battery and
drive options.  Attempting under $20K before incentives.  Prototype roller
is complete, test driving this summer.

Hi Gary,

Sounds like a good project. What size van?

Note that if it's classified as NEV/LSEV, there will be states where it can't be used. Last I knew, my own state of MN specifically bans "NEV/LSEV conversions and home built vehicles.".

A project I'm thinking of is a hybrid conversion of a pickup or van with read wheel drive. Add the electric motor to the drive shaft. Use a motor and controller that allows regen. This could add EV short range and low speed capability to the typical gas-hog American pickups.

Lee Hart
--
If happiness is on your mind, here's a daily list to find:
 - something to do