Is it too late to change your design a bit ? If you can get one of the dimensions 48" or more, then it is more useful in construction, for hauling plywood, drywall, and other sheet items.

Peri

------ Original Message ------
From: "Gary Krysztopik via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: "Gary Krysztopik" <info.zwhe...@gmail.com>
Sent: 16-Jun-20 10:48:36 AM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] George's farm truck/van EV project

Lee - " track 58" x 120" wheelbase, cargo area 44" x 40" x 80".  Pickup
truck or van, 1500lbs empty with 1500 lbs load."

I would say we need to change some laws instead of trying to conform to
something that doesn't makes sense.

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 10:31 AM Lee Hart via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

 Gary Krysztopik via EV wrote:
 > I am working on a small van with a few other guys.  We were talking about
 > kits but not sure yet, maybe only turn-key.  It is made in the USA,
 > high-power NEV/LSEV with 60 cu ft/1500 lb capacity.  Multiple battery and
 > drive options.  Attempting under $20K before incentives.  Prototype
 roller
 > is complete, test driving this summer.

 Hi Gary,

 Sounds like a good project. What size van?

 Note that if it's classified as NEV/LSEV, there will be states where it
 can't be used. Last I knew, my own state of MN specifically bans
 "NEV/LSEV conversions and home built vehicles.".

 A project I'm thinking of is a hybrid conversion of a pickup or van with
 read wheel drive. Add the electric motor to the drive shaft. Use a motor
 and controller that allows regen. This could add EV short range and low
 speed capability to the typical gas-hog American pickups.

 Lee Hart
 --
 If happiness is on your mind, here's a daily list to find:
   - something to do