Peter Eckhoff via EV wrote:
Okay.  I hear you.  I splurged.  Instead of keeping my cars 16 years and
running them into the ground, I went ahead and purchased something that is
normally out of my price range.
So why? [reasons snipped...]

They are good reasons, Peter.

Being first always costs more. But you also get early access to new opportunities and capabilities. It's better to be a leader than a follower.

Taking the road less travelled is more stressful, but also more exciting and interesting, and makes a path for others to follow.

Doing things the hard way takes more time. But you learn more, which is valuable as well.

The problem is always money. It's a limited resource; to be used wisely. For most people, once the necessities are paid for, there is little left over. So it's important to figure out how to use what is left for the greatest good.

In my case, I have just found other things to do with $80,000 besides buying a luxury car.

Lee Hart

--
If happiness is on your mind, here's a daily list to find:
 - something to do