Elon Musk promised us a $30k Tesla.  He didn't deliver one.

Anyone who thinks a $40k car is affordable is clearly not in my socio-
economic class.  Teslas are cars for your class, not mine.  I've never paid
that much for a new car and (adjusting for inflation) don't ever intend to.
Heck, even if I actually had that much money to spare, I STILL wouldn't
spend it on a car, EV or not.

There are a lot more of us middle-and lower-class folks in the world than
there are of you 10-percenters who can afford $40k+ or $80k+ Teslas.  If
Musk honestly wants to improve the world with EVs, he'd darn well better get
cracking on making some that the rest of us can buy.

Get that bloody Model 3 down to the price it was supposed to be, $30k.  Then
introduce a couple of cheap and cheerful little basic hatchbacks the size
of, say, a VW Up and a Peugeot 208.  Price them around $15-20k and $20-25k.

They don't have to go 300 miles on a charge.  A 150-200 mile range will be
ample.  They don't have to accelerate from 0-60 in 3 seconds, or 6 seconds.
A lot of us would be just fine with 10 or 12 seconds - or slower.

We don't need a gigantic touch-screen, either.  Heck, give us crank-down
windows and plain mechanical door handles.  And skip the autopilot, please.
Just a nice, normal, decently-made car that happens to have an electric
drivetrain and doesn't cost a year's income or more.

THOSE are the EVs that will change the world - EVs that almost anyone can
afford. Not big, bloated, heavy, gimmick-laden expensive luxury EVs for a
tiny wealthy minority.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     Most of the trouble in this world has been caused by folks who can't
     mind their own business, because they have no business of their own to
     mind, any more than a smallpox virus has.

                                     --William Burroughs