EVDL Administrator via EV wrote:
Not so fast there.  The EV economy of scale we've been talking about for 25+
years is finally happening, at least in Europe and Asia.

Thanks for the additional info, David. I liked this reference:

        Prices of EVs in general are much lower in China than in the US
        or Europe, and they exhibit a downward trend while in the West
        they show an upward trend: a report by JATO Dynamics shows that
        an all-electric car priced at $1 in 2011 would now cost $0.52
        in China, but $1.42 in Europe and $1.55 in the US.

It reflects the effect that economies in scale and incentives are having in China. They are now manufacturing more EVs than the rest of the world combined.

how about a Renault City K-ZE? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_City_K-ZE

This page says

        Optional equipment includes an infotainment system with an
        8-inch touchscreen, a backup camera and manual air conditioning.

Is "manual air conditioning" what used to be called hand-cranked windows? :-)

On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament],
"Pray, Mr.  Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will
the right answers come out?"  I am not able rightly to apprehend the
kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
     -- Charles Babbage

I loved the quote. Thanks for my laugh of the day. :-)

Lee Hart

--
If happiness is on your mind, here's a daily list to find:
 - something to do