Hello -- I'd like to give everyone an update and restate my initial post
with further detail.

First, thanks to all who responded earlier!

To summarize: on June 1, my previously reliable 2012 Leaf (~60,000 odometer
miles) failed to start or charge.  The car was towed to a Nissan dealer
where it underwent diagnostic evaluation with assistance from Nissan's
Corporate office.  The mechanic also did a visual inspection of the
underbody.   At the conclusion of the evaluation, we were told an
indeterminate number of traction battery cells require replacement, and
"there is lots of rust".

My initial post was based on early feedback from the Nissan dealer which
turned out to be not entirely accurate and ultimately of no help to me.
The dealership wanted a "blank check" to repair the car.  Their strategy
was to work on the HV system/battery (possibly cell-by-cell) to determine
what's still functional and what needs replacement.  Though unstated (maybe
they didn't want to scare me with a large written estimate?) I imagine an
alternative would be to replace the entire HV pack at once.

Nonetheless, neither option interested me and it's moot at this point
because I'm not working with the dealership any longer.

I've maintained a log of all work done on the car since I bought it new.
Here's what's been done since August 2019:

@59,000 miles    - replaced right front outer tie rod
@58,000 miles    - replaced both front brake pads
@56,000 miles    - replaced all four tires, both rear brake pads and
rotors, and front control arms and ball joints
@52,000 miles    - replaced 12V battery

This totaled more than $3000 within the last 11 months alone.

I'm providing this level of detail and information in order to be honest
and open about the state of the vehicle.  I want to provide a clear
picture.  Battery pack not withstanding, many components (tires, brakes,
suspension) have recently been replaced.  Thus, no concern that additional
cash outlay would be required soon for these parts.

As an aside, if the HV pack is replaced, I believe the range increases from
~80 miles to ~120 miles.  So, that might make repairing the car more
appealing.

Personally, I worked for EV/components manufacturer Solectria and its
successor, Azure Dynamics, for 15 years.  I'm a longtime EV enthusiast, and
was an early Leaf adopter.  I support EVs and understood/understand that I
won't recoup my initial investment in the Leaf.  I also realize my recent
investment in the past year's repairs is work for which I won't recognize
the benefits.  So, I'm at the point where I'm most interested in passing
the car on to another "EV-er" who would get a good deal, gain from the
experience of working on the car, and hopefully have a decent vehicle when
all is said and done.

Here's the bottom line for me at this point:

The recent $3000 investment and the residual value of the vehicle itself
for me is a starting point for conversation.  If you're interested in this
vehicle, I'd like to hear your thoughts.  Hopefully you will consider
making an offer based on all the information I've provided.

Terms of Sale would be as follows:

Availability: Immediate.
Payment: Cash or certified bank check.
Bill of Sale: To be signed in-person and notarized at our local bank
branch.  (Draft contract available for review in advance.)
You would be responsible for picking up the car (close-in Boston suburb,
inside I-95 loop) and flat-bedding it away.

Please let me know if you'd like to continue the discussion and hopefully
come to an agreement.

Thank you

Beth Silverman