On 13 Sep 2021 at 9:30, Robert Bruninga via EV wrote:

> My son's workplace in Alaska says he cannot plugin his Bolt EV to the
> dedicated 120v oiutlets provided in every parking spot because EV
> charging is not authorized.

Charging usually does take more current than a block heater does.  However,
that restriction sounds more like a political move on the employer's part.

Conversions have used waterbed heaters and plant soil heaters to keep their
lead batteries warm.  Could he fix something like that to the underside of
the battery tray?  Fair's fair; if the other employees can keep their
engines warm, he ought to be able to keep his battery warm.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my