Michael -

    How, exactly, would Mark be able to provide "factual data" on this incident?  If you think about it, how would _anyone_ be able to, since the device that could record the incident data was off-line at the time it happened and this was the root cause of the incident? Mark speculated that it was quite possible that other similar "glitches" have caused other similar unrecorded incidents.

    I have known Mark for more than 20 years and have found him utterly truthful and reliable. If he says it happened, I completely believe it happened.

    Also, I can envision how this could easily happen and how it would completely escape the notice of Tesla. On commercial airplanes, they have two (2) separate flight computers, using two different brand CPUs, using two completely "firewalled" separate teams of code developers for their flight computers. The two systems continuously monitor each other for faults and warn the pilots when they see any divergence in flight control between the computers. There are two _other_ separate systems recording flight data as well. They do this because peoples lives depend on these systems working perfectly and continuously. There is no similar multiple redundancy in Tesla. _YOU_ are the redundancy that they are depending on to take over if there is a computer glitch.

    "The world is an imperfect place. Screws fall out." (Quote from "The Breakfast Club.")

    Bill D.