From: "Ken Olum via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: ev@lists.evdl.org
Cc: "Ken Olum" <k...@cosmos.phy.tufts.edu>
Sent: 13-Nov-22 14:18:54
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Leaf battery replacement ?

We had the battery in our 2013 Leaf replaced with a 2015 24 kWh battery
by Leo & Sons in Lawrence, MA.  We are very happy with the result.  They
charged us $4600.  We didn't have to do anything but drop off the car
and pick it up later.

I wouldn't recommend a 30 kWh battery.  The newer 24 kWh "lizard"
batteries have much better calendar life than the 30 kWh ones, so when
you're getting an old battery from a crashed car, you might well get
more range from a 24 kWh.  See
https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/201803.0122/v1

                                        Ken
HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/