Ok, good to know. So that appears to show that the "lizard" battery performs better in cold weather than the original battery. I presume both are 24kWh batteries. Do you have warm weather range numbers to compare to ?

Peri

<< Annoyed by leaf blowers ? https://quietcleanseattle.org/ >>

------ Original Message ------
From: "Collin Kidder via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: "Collin Kidder" <coll...@kkmfg.com>
Sent: 01-Dec-22 06:52:28
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Leaf battery replacement ?

Indeed. I've got a 2012 Leaf and a 2013 Leaf. Neither shows much battery
degradation but the 2012 gets about 30-40 miles range in Winter and the
2013 about 40-45 miles range.

On Tue, Nov 29, 2022 at 6:16 PM Ken Olum via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

 Here is a data point about Leaf batteries at cold temperatures.  We
 drove 40 miles, about 40% at highway speeds, with an outside temperature
 of 40F.  This took the pack from 100% to 29%.  Extrapolating gives an
 all-out range in these conditions of 57 miles.  This is a 2015 24kW pack
 with something like 95K miles, the last 8K in our 2013 Leaf.  It has 11
 out of 12 battery health bars left.

                                         Ken
 HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/