Collin Kidder via EV wrote:
Indeed. I've got a 2012 Leaf and a 2013 Leaf. Neither shows much battery
degradation but the 2012 gets about 30-40 miles range in Winter and the
2013 about 40-45 miles range.

We have a 2013 Leaf with about 48k miles on it. Range in the summer is still about 90 miles, but drops to 40 miles in below-zero weather.

The 2013 has a battery heater. Does the 2012? Could this account for the difference between the 2012 and 2013?

The heater is pretty wimpy. It doesn't come on until about 10 deg.F, by which time, the range is already seriously reduced. I wonder if it can be improved? In my lead-acid days, 1" of styrafoam and 200w of heat was enough to keep the batteries warm no matter how cold it got, so winter range was only impacted by road conditions, thicker oils, and use of cabin heat.

Lee Hart
--
"#3 pencils and quadrille pads." -- Seymour Cray, when asked
what CAD tools he used to design the Cray I supercomputer

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/