Where do you think these idiots get their information about how much energy it
takes to build a car...or the "carbon footprint"?

If you are actually trying to measure "energy" you need to be able to isolate
what you are actually measuring.

Where do you draw the line about how much energy it takes to build a car?   Is
it the energy consumption of a factory?  What about the energy consumption of
the factories of the suppliers who make the parts...tires...glass..plastic, the
hoses, the clamps,   If a factory buys parts from a supplier or makes them in
house, how does that enter into the equations?   Then if you pay a worker at
your factory, and the worker spends his wages driving monster trucksfor fun on
weekends and goes through 100 gallons of gas, or a different worker spends the
weekend readinga book...does that affect the "carbon  footprint"?

And then what about energy needed for the workers to get to and from work?  How
about the energy needed to run the streetlights on the road they use to get to
work?  How about the energy needed to heat the homes of the people who mine the
raw materials?   How about the energy to make the food to feed the workers?
How about the energy used by the teachers?  The schools and universities?  The
asphalt for the roads?

Call me cynical but my guess is these people who claim to analyze carbon
footprints are 99% full of hot air.    They don't actually go out an measure
anything, they just repeat something they read or heard, (and often the most
provocative things tend to get repeated)  which leads to an endless repeating
cycle of baloney by people who crave endless attention.

I don't claim to have measured anything, but my common sense says an EV is a
car and and ICE is a car and that my "guess" is that it is highly likely that
the energy required to make them is (or could be) pretty damn comparable.
By weight and volume the EV and the ICE are more alike than different.

   On Thursday, January 5, 2023, 12:20:43 AM PST, Michael Ross via EV