On 9/24/2008 3:52 PM, Martin Aspeli wrote:
Gabrielle Hendryx-Parker wrote:
Hey Jon:

While I totally agree with the idea behind the branding decision (hey I have a marketing degree and worked with big brands myself), I am a bit confused with the notion of a "modified version" of the Plone logo considering the fact that the official Plone Conference logo (see attached) is using a modified version of the Plone logo.

I suspect they're granted dispensation. :)

I suspect you are right. And I suspect anybody can ask for it.

From the quoted http://plone.org/foundation/committees/ip/policy

"If in doubt, contact the IP committee about your proposed logo usage."

where "contact the IP committee" is linked to:

with an email address of:

I suspect that committee might be rather non-operational at the moment, however. It might be more productive to ask the PF board. And I also suspect that the special dispensation at least some of the modified uses of the logo I've seen recently have been by simple fiat.

Chris Calloway
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530