Tim-

One thing to keep in mind is that Foundation explicitly discourages "logo derivatives" (e.g. modified versions of the Plone logo) -- our marketing experts tell us that logo derivatives, over time, diminish the impact, recognizability and value of the Plone brand identity. (http://plone.org/about/logo)

WPD is an awesome concept, and we all really appreciate the great work that you, Roberto, and all the WPD organizers are doing, but it should be promoted with either an unmodified version of the Plone logo (e.g. the logo plus "World Plone Day" text) or a logo that doesn't include Plone's logo at all.

I know this probably seems a bit counterintuitive (heck I find it a bit counterintuitive myself), but I have a lot of confidence in the wisdom of the folks who've advised on branding.

best,
jon

Tim Knapp wrote:
Hi all,

Just further to my previous email re. the WPD Logo - attached is a
concept generated by a fellow pythonista, i.e. *not* a graphic designer
that may help someone of you out there to create a WPD logo for the
event[1] :)

Please let me know if you can help us out at all.

Thanks again,
Tim

[1] http://www.openplans.org/projects/plone-marketing/world-plone-day

Tim Knapp