> Along those lines (and I've seen it suggested elsewhere in the Plone
> marketing notes), we should have an elevator speech for each
> sector-specific
> category--business, education, science, government, NGOs, etc.  In most
> cases I just linked to the appropriate support forum.

We did come up with elevator speeches at the Plone Strategic Planning Summit
and documented them here:
http://www.openplans.org/projects/plone-marketing/elevatorpitch
http://www.openplans.org/projects/plone-strategic-planning/lists/plone-strategic-planning-discussion/archive/2008/02/1202517910714/forum_view#1202518698975

Plonegov.org is a great example of what we should aspire to for each of
> these sectors.

Yes, we have the domain names ploneedu.org and plonengo.org and are just
waiting for someone like Xavier to step up and be the champion for those
sectors, and shepherd the creation of a community like he has done with
http://PloneGov.org.

Remember, Plone is a "doacracy", so if you want to see something happen,
step up and volunteer to make it happen!

Nate

> Your other edits are all well considered and I would recommend anyone using
> this release to make those changes.  Some of the improvements you suggest
> are to text copied directly from plone.org.  I suggest that the marketing
> community look into reflecting those enhancements back into the core
> material.
>
> I, too, am not one who writes press releases and in fact don't have a clear
> idea of what the next step is.  Hopefully Nate or Mark or someone else
> knowledgeable will come to our rescue.  :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Karl
>

> Graham Perrin wrote:
> >
> > Hi ... suggestions in sticky notes at
> > <http://www.diigo.com/annotated/9fdb698e2696b74ab86f2c4468a316a7>.
> >
> > Where I have highlighted the numbers, some of the numbers below 100 might
> > expressed as words, so for example
> >
> >> Forty of the sixty-one
> >
> > but for sure, the grammatical rules may vary from country to country etc.
> > so that's a very minor point.
> >
> > I don't do press releases but to me it does read nicely :)
> >
> > Kind regards
> > Graham
> >

> --

Nate Aune - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://nateaune.com (personal blog)
http://jazkarta.com (open source technology solutions)
http://twitter.com/natea (daily updates)

PondCMS: Fully managed Plone-based CMS solution
http://jazkarta.com/products/pondcms