On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 1:30 PM, Jon Stahl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The Lullabot guys are *awesome* marketers for Drupal and spend a lot of
> time and energy doing outreach for the Drupal community.  In general, I
> think it is wise to emulate their tactics where it is possible.

Agreed. They are doing an awesome job of promoting Drupal through their site
http://www.lullabot.com/podcast

Speaking of Lullabot, Seth Gottlieb just posted a blog entry about an
interview of Angela Byron of Lullabot.
http://blog.contenthere.net/2008/11/ostatic-interview-of-angela-byron.html

She says:

"The Drupal project has an unconventional philosophy on backwards
compatibility. During each major version of Drupal, developers are highly
encouraged to think up crazy new things that Drupal can do, without fear of
breaking legacy APIs. While users' data will always be preserved throughout
the ages, if we come up with new standards we want to support, or a much
better and more performant way of doing something, developers are given free
reign to go off in that direction."

Some might see this as a positive attitude, but I know if I was loading my
company's data into a Drupal CMS, I'd be thinking twice.

Nate

Nate Aune - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://nateaune.com (personal blog)
http://jazkarta.com (open source technology solutions)
http://twitter.com/natea (daily updates)

PondCMS: Fully managed Plone-based CMS solution
http://jazkarta.com/products/pondcms